- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Summary whom might APPLY: This place is ready to accept all qualified applicants. Wastewater, Teamsters neighborhood 117 internal prospects will get very first consideration. $1.00 each hour through the base wage shall be redirected towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, resume cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard working hours are 40 hours each week. Candidates must certanly be accessible to work any assigned routine. This position is exempt through the conditions associated with the Fair work Standards Act and it is perhaps maybe not overtime-eligible.
JOB DEFINITION: The obligations of the classification include supervising personnel whom monitor, run and keep maintaining a wastewater therapy center, collection and conveyance system. Incumbents ensure conformity with appropriate neighborhood, Washington State and air that is federal wastewater and security laws and needs and generally are in charge of preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, personnel training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the task of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory duties consist of employing, review and evaluate worker task performance and supply constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Plan, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of a team therefore the long-range preparation and scheduling of the team. Ensure prompt conclusion and quality of work because of the crew. Take part in long-range facilities planning.
- Requisition materials and equipment, keep stock, guarantee requisition procedures are followed and then make budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for the assigned part of major construction tasks with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction management unit. Organize, coordinate and provide expertise that is technical long-range special tasks; offer way to senior staff on unique tasks.
- Assist senior staff in scheduling and prioritizing work purchases along with other divisions, departments and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and offer training to other people and protect training records on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, department along with other agencies’ reactions to uncommon occurrences and emergencies; simply just Chatib simply take corrective action as appropriate. Can be in charge of news contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, criteria and procedures.
- Work, monitor and control gear and systems utilizing computer that is complex. Take part in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assume functional duties in the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes as well as other operations.
- Perform the duties associated with the other classifications in the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be around to exert effort all change schedules, including rotating changes; might be expected to be on standby and/or call-out status and at the mercy of after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced understanding of task administration practices and concepts
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is radio control system when it comes to gear and systems within the initial, primary and additional, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced understanding of expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to regulate, run and monitor a wastewater treatment system that is major
- Advanced understanding of experience in operating, monitoring, keeping and training from the gear and systems into the preliminary therapy area, main therapy area, additional area, solids managing area as well as in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide gas, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and using information that is technical plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing a working that is effective utilizing the general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, associates as well as other workgroups.
- Advanced understanding of advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and processes and odor that is complex systems also to manage unusual occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge into the application of participative workplace company concepts, like the company preparation procedure, the establishment of criteria and feedback, interaction, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice creating and facilitation.
- Some familiarity with buying policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and short-term workload preparation, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and procedure information, difficulty reports and work demands.
- Experience when you look at the application of security policies, procedures and methods for restricted room entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous power control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing straight straight right back accidents, breathing security, fire security, department facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific safety information along with other department-wide safety information
- Experience in advanced level training to meet up or surpass King County, state and regulations that are federal
- Supervisory abilities to lead, teach and advisor; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and just simply take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and skills that are decision-making
Supplemental Suggestions LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Certification
- CPR and aid certification that is first
SELECTION PROCESS: A competitive process is may be useful for this selection procedure. Report about interior prospects should include reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, interior guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any last offer. Outside prospects will demand connections for sources.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
To get more information about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific